Friday 9 June 2017

A Postcard A Day - Friday 10 June 2017 - Friday Smiles

Hi Folks,

I'm sorry I was AWOL last week but I have been out and about. I have spent some time with my mum in Holland and have come back yesterday.

So my postcard(s) for today are typical of Holland. They are cards that have been given to me so that I might send them:

I had a lovely time. We celebrated my mum's 93rd birhday and it was great to see my relatives again, as I don't often see them of course.

I visited a friend in Amsterdam. The centre of Amsterdam is very old (unlike my home town of Rotterdam, which is very modern, having been bombed completely during WW2). I enjoyed just walking around and looking at the old houses. Here are some photos:
I had to smile at the little sign in the window: No bicycles!
The date on this house is 1618 (visible middle right).
A detail on one of the houses.

I am writing this on Thursday pm before going to the airport. This is where I am sitting: my mum's desk and computer station:


I found an old photo of mum at her computer many years ago. It was my old computer that I had given to her when we had bought a new one. She is sitting at the kitchen table. Unfortunately there is no date on the photo but I guess it is in the 70s...
That made me smile. 

Talking of smiles.... here are some funnies:
Anyone who has grandchildren will be able to identify with the above.
A bit of streetart.
And because I am about to leave for the airport:
I'm going to link in with Annie at A Stitch In Time and with VIrginia at Rocking Your World Friday.

Have a good week and...
Keep smiling!

Hugs,
Lisca

9 comments:

  1. Fab photos Lisca. Love the first one of the houses, love Amsterdam and definitely want to go back this year. Congrats to your mum on her 93rd birthday - and still using a computer - good! Certainly had a smile at the lego inspired photos, love the plane one.
    Hugs & Thanks
    Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Holland and the Dutch people we are lucky enough to call friends so your pics really made me smile today Lisca....as did your funnies of course. Thanks so much for sharing them.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to visit Holland again, it sounds like you had a wonderful time and Happy belated 93rd Birthday to your Mum! Glad you had so many smiles too, seeing old friends and catching up is always fun. I loved seeing the houses and plaques too, they are so beautiful :-) . Happy Friday and wishing you a lovely weekend! J :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that must have been a wonderful visit with your Mum! that is so awesome that the old buildings are still in use-so much better than here in the states where mostly tear them down for new--loved the ship on the building too hope you had a good flight
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing the architecture and streets in your photos! So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisca,

    How wonderful to celebrate your mum's 93rd birthday! What a great picture of her at the computer - the monitor really made me smile as I was on the internet last night looking at laptops.

    Thanks for sharing the architecture. It's great to get a feel for Holland from someone that enjoys the old buildings and beautiful scenery.

    Hope you had a safe flight home!

    Peace,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo of your mum and love the funnies too. Some day I would like to visit Holland, just love those buildings. I love the street art too but the planes are brilliant. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah how lovely to have a family celebration, Holland looks gorgeous, loving the detail on the buildings. The photo of your Mum is great, the computer helps with dating and made me smile! Loving the funnies I'd seen the lego one the other day which had had me giggling!

    I hope you have a fabulous weekend and week ahead.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisca. So glad you had a lovely time with your mum. That top postcard with all the reflections in the water, is beautiful. It was interesting to se the Dutch buildings. I like the architecture and all the details.
    I fully understood the lego smile, and the others are fun too. have a god week. It looks as though we are in for a hot one. Kate x

    ReplyDelete