Tuesday 20 June 2017

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 20 June 2017 - T for breakfast and railings

Good morning folks! It's Tuesday again! It comes round so quickly.
I have some postcards to share. This week I received eight(!) in one day after weeks of nothing! (Do you think the postman saves them up?)
It's difficult to choose, but I think I'll show you this one from Iceland:


It shows all the Icelandic weird and wonderful dishes plus Brennivín ( a type of gin).
This is the stamp:
I think it shows the Icelandic knitting (in the round).
Beautiful.


The second postcard comes from Germany:
It was sent to me by Petra, who writes:"After Reading that you do like to cook tasty meals, I remembered that I had taken a photo of my stepdaughter some years ago. She was working in a restaurant besides her studies then. And that is what she looked like. Hope you like this unusual snapshot."
And here are the stamps:
I think they are a bit out of focus. Sorry.

 The first apricots have arrived. I received a bag of them this week. Now I think that fresh apricots are a bit overrated. I don't care much for them. But as soon as you bake them or make jam with them, the flavour just bursts out! I made this cake Saturday, and although it was a bit burnt along the edges, it was delicious!


Yesterday I went to Baza (our nearby town) and had breakfast with my friends. We asked the waiter to take this photo, and it is fun to see his reflection in the window.
Breakfast here consists of coffee and a toasted baguette. They spread minced tomato over it and we help ourselves to olive oil and salt. Yum, lovely. I ate it so quickly, I forgot to take a picture. But here is my coffee. They call this a 'café cortado', which is an espresso with a dash of milk.


As we walked back to the car we passed some beautiful buildings. Look at this one:
The railings of the balconies are made of intricate iron work. I am noticing these things as we have just ordered our railings for our windows and I had to choose a design.
This is a traditional railing:
I will show ours when they have been delivered.
While we walked through that street with all those lovely old houses, all of a sudden we saw this:
It looks very out of place if you ask me.


That is it from me today. I'm going to visit Elisabeth and Bleubeard at Altered Book Lover and hope you will join me there,


Have a good week,


Hugs,


Lisca

13 comments:

  1. what interesting and wonderful postcard art-no wonder you love swapping them so much!
    Love those balcony railings.
    I'd love to try a café cortado along with a piece of your apricot dessert.Mmm.
    Yes, that building looks out of place,but then you have that glass pyramid at the Louvre in Paris which also looks SO out of place.
    Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your posts-love the postcards-that sounds like a neat swap and those balcony railings-very neat!
    Your apricot cake looks amazing-do you have the recipe? I think the guys would love this one
    I agree that newer building does look out of place for sure-
    Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun postcard from Iceland. I have some of this Brennivin in my freezer. I brought it home with me last summer. :) Your apricot cake looks yummy. I am baking tomorrow. I can't wait, but no apricot cake as we don't get apricots here in New Hampshire. I'd like a piece of yours since I've never had this before, but I like apricots. :) Happy T day. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed at all the Brennivin as it made the rounds around the Ring Road in Iceland. I would hate to eat fried Puffin. I'd cry if I knew they harmed one of these adorable creatures. Give me potatoes any day, please.

    I would love to try your apricot cake. I would also love to walk along that street with you and see all those lovely window railings. The building does look out of place, but at least they tried to keep it tasteful. What would really have been out of place would be something garish with lots of color. I agree with Linda about the pyramid at the Louvre, too, Now THAT is really out of place.

    Thanks for sharing your gin laden postcard, your wonderful cake, your day out with friends, your walk, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful postcards, enjoy! Your breakfast date sounds like fun, and your breakfast sounds very tasty. I don't usually eat breakfast at home, but if I go out somewhere, I enjoy it. The iron railings are beautiful, indeed. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely postcards and stamps. Where do you store your collection, I would want them close by and keep looking at them.
    The apricot cake looked delicious and you seemed a very happy group on your breakfast outing.
    It seemed out of place among the older buildings, but a least they had thought about how the outside should look as regards to colour.
    Happy T day.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely postcards and such pretty stamps too, how wonderful to receive so many this week 😀. The apricots cake looks yummy, I could eat a piece of two ... lol 😉. The wrought iron railings are so beautiful especially the traditional one. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I do think the mailman saves the postcards up, Lisca. That's how our mail arrives in Mexico too.

    What a clever postcard from Iceland. I was surprised by some of the foods so went to Google. All true! Unlike many of those Icelandic delicacies, your apricot cake looks delicious.

    Happy T-Day! Hugs, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lisca.. I'm afraid this is a flyby comment this week... super busy unpacking the craftroom! and such... But life will slow down soon and i will make a proper T party visit one of these days soon.. Big Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, i love fresh apricots, too - but you are right, the Aroma is best when baked. or jam. hmmmm....
    love this spiceland postcard, what a fun idea!
    happy t-day and have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't had an apricot in decades! I definitely need to look for them the next time I'm at the store. I like them plain but also cooked into preserves, dried, etc.

    I look forward to seeing your railings. I never see window fittings like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the gin postcard!!! Your apricot cake looks delicious - I do so love apricots! Love seeing your cortado and your friends and the buildings do look interesting Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun postcards, beautiful stamps, and a positively scrumptious looking cake! Thank you for the link to more Banksy info...I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete